Long time no see on the blog. If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen that I’m doing a little before & after series on our flat renovation. Since I’m just now going through all the photos that I’ve taken in the past year I thought it would be a good idea to post them here so they’re all in one place and don’t disappear.
So – here is what our living room looked like vs what it looks like now 🙂 It’s a whole lot more lighter & brighter than what it used to be like. The main things that we changed were:
- removed the dark striped wallpaper
- re- plastered and re-paint all the walls
- put in new windows (the old ones were broken and very drafty)
- changed radiators to bigger ones + had new gas pipes fitted
- got the carpet removed & the original hardwood floors underneath sanded and varnished
- had the fireplace opened up and the marble mantle fixed
The one big thing that is still missing is a bookshelf or some kind of storage solution along the wall that is opposite the window. But because we’re not 100% sure of what to put there we’re waiting until inspiration strikes. I’m thinking a big floor to ceiling bookcase but we will see.
Hope you enjoy the photos 🙂